need advice from 700 srx gurus

corso mastiff

I have just picked up a 99 700 srx. Was told the engine was sent to aaen and had a stage 3 trail port done and the crank welded. My questions are what pipes complement the porting best,do I need to get the carbs bored? and clutching it seems to get flat after about 70 mph or so. I like the machine and want to get the most out of it. I will be running in the mountains with it.this summer it gets a 162,m-10 ect. Just want to get the most I can from it and am willing to drop some coin on the build,what can I say I love the old triples.

You'll get a lot more views if this is posted in the SRX, VIPER forum above, as far as the mod questions.

I'm no guru, but have read a lot about SRX's on here. First off, the '98's were the only ones that had the crank issue I believe, so not sure why the prior owner would say the crank had been sent off and welded. Maybe some of the early '99's had this issue? This just makes me wonder if it was ever sent off and if the guy was full of you know what.
As far as pipes, the stock pipes on these were very good and there was only one brand of pipe that would actually give a gain...I want to say speedwerx but not positive. With that being said, my cousin has Aaen's on his '98 Mnt SRX and he certainly didn't lose any performance.

There are a ton of setups in the tech section pages that may fit what you're looking for. Most on here are running setups for lake racing or corner to corner trail performance, so if you're mainly riding mountains you'll want something that is a trail setup at a minimum. I assume you'll want to play off the trail some in the mountains even though it is currently a short track, you'll want something geared down a bit that maintains good track speed when under load in the powder. In other words, a setup that is pretty much the opposite of a drag race setup.

Back