Triple Turbo mm700

I had a friend that done a turbo on his 700 back in like 2000. He had a lot of issues with it sucking reeds. He finally gave up after a couple years of fighting it.

I hope you have better luck.

Bought it on kijiji. Power jets to jet it. Air/fuel guage to help tune it and i'll have to keep checking the plugs and piston wash to compare against the a/f guage. Simetimes the a/f guage is a bit off when it's moved to a different location. So i have to double check it to make sure. So far it's close to what it's suppose to be. It was building about 2 psi of boost it the video.

Malpassi fuel pressure regulator helps with the jetting. Adds or reduces fuel pressure It seems like another way of jetting. It takes the electric fuel pressure down to 4 psi and it follows the boost pressure up at a 1:1 ratio. i have seen the fuel psi go up to 15 psi along with the boost 15 psi. Tooo much boost for now. I do not have enough race gas to test it at this boosst leval. That was only about 2 seconds at 15 psi boost. Spark plugs look a bit too hot and same with the wash. Test it out on the lake next.

FYI,
Jim and Sean at Aerocharger knocked the crank out of time on a new 700sx mule when testing. So they never offered a kit for the triple.
Just did twin and 4cyl kits for yamaha.

Last edited:
Do you remember what boost leval they knocked the crank out time.
How much horse power can the redhead crank handle?
Can it handle 200hp ?
Thanks for the info toydoc.
I plan on bringing the boost down.
I can't afford to buy race gas every day.
Other wise i would buy a sidewinder.

If I remember right, 7psi of boost. Good pump gas boost (back when we had good pump gas).
So less then 160 ~ 170hp and it went out. Joe Weber had his SX 600 Vmax twin in for testing about the same time. Cranked the boost through the roof and made over 200hp without any issues. Thats why they stuck with the twin kits.
Look for odd plug reading if the crank goes out. Two will look good, one rich, low power..

Long time ago, my memory isn't what it use to be

I was changing out the power jets on the carbs. Going richer. And i dropped the power jet cover down under the engine.:o| i thought to myself there must be a reason i dropped it. I removed the carbs to get at the power jet cover. And i found some blue paper towel inside my vforce reed cage. It was plugged right up good. Ok. I didn't feel so bad about dropping my part after that. But i still have to pull out the engine to get at it. I'm thinking there is more power to be made here. Awesome. :2strokes:

how is the meth injection set up, throttle switch or boost activated? also, any issues with intake side piston scuffing? i would think the methanol would wash the oil film off the piston.

boost activated at 4 psi and 100% on at 12 psi. hurricane performance controller. i can adjust when it starts spraying from 2 psi to 10 psi and adjust when max spraying is from 6 psi to 20 psi. adjust with a small screw driver. nothing on the scuffing. to soon to notice anything.

are you mixing it yourself or using blue windshield washer fluid? if you are doing it yourself, what ratio?

Back