Secondary bush. replacement.

snowhite

Hey guys' took off the sec. for bushing replacement and went to my local parts place, ordered aftermarket bushings and had the guys' replace with new ones. Ok made about 30 miles and both bushings fell out of the clutch bazzinga!!! What the hell never had the bushings fall out before. So they said they put Loctite on the bushings, but got them to reinstall them again obvious red Loctite showing but I don't know if they will stay in. The bushings felt nice on the shaft and all so I don't know what to say. Are the aftermarket ones junky?

Hey guys' took off the sec. for bushing replacement and went to my local parts place, ordered aftermarket bushings and had the guys' replace with new ones. Ok made about 30 miles and both bushings fell out of the clutch bazzinga!!! What the hell never had the bushings fall out before. So they said they put Loctite on the bushings, but got them to reinstall them again obvious red Loctite showing but I don't know if they will stay in. The bushings felt nice on the shaft and all so I don't know what to say. Are the aftermarket ones junky?

I had this happen before, must use loc-tite but they have to allow it to set up and dry on the busing before pressing in.

Ahhh, maybe that's the crapper they put Loctite on them but you know what that's probably what happened! OK but isn't Loctite anerobic? meaning it chemically dries? Truthfully there should be Loctite from manufacture.....thank you and happy new year.

Ahhh, maybe that's the crapper they put Loctite on them but you know what that's probably what happened! OK but isn't Loctite anerobic? meaning it chemically dries? Truthfully there should be Loctite from manufacture.....thank you and happy new year.

I have loctite in gel, liquid and paste stick.. it needs time to set or it will not lock anything.

I use sleeve retainer which comes in the LocTite brand as well as others. I have had a number of these come out over the years. Ironically more common on the lower powered threads.

As Tom mentioned - let it sit before running it.

the lock tight is only for after market bushings...correct??? I have never had a oem Yamaha bushing come loose----Tod

I've had a number of OEM packaged bushings come loose. I haven't had any come loose once I started using sleeve retainer.

Back