Powder issues

00sxrjoe

Well let is snow! I am having issues with powder getting in the air box and if I dont fix it will cost me a motor. What are you guy using for filters and what not to keep snow out of your mountain maxs? My pre filter is gone that goes in hood and cant find new one. Ordered new filter on top of air box is there better things than oe? Thanks guys

That super thin Outerwears prefilter type material over the oem airfilter(s) I actually put it on the foam In the hood behind the handlebars so it catches the ultra fine powder before it gets to the secondary filter. I've seen guys put it over the secondary filter that attaches to the airbox but I seem to remember some guys having trouble with steam that way. You could try it both ways. I tried it like that briefly but switched back to putting it in the hood foam.

just looked at my hood in the garage and forgot I also taped off the hood vents that are directly underneath the foam in the hood- the four oblong hole vents- this way you only get cold air sucked in through your pre filter from outside.. not steam from when the snow hits the engine/exhaust

Back