SX Viper suspension set-up with boss seat

Yes you have changed the center of gravity by a lot. But you have to admit your knees are happy! Make sure to take all preload out of center shock ( front shock on skid). With skid in air spring should be slightly loose. Set limiter straps at stock. 10-15 mm bolt showing. Set front shocks to liking but go stiff side. You need good carbides also. Give it some time to learn new position and you will love it. All my Vipers are exactly as yours but much taller on riser.

Is there any way to to adjust the rear shock preload without removing it? I seem to be getting a 70% top gap with center preload out and FRA set to medium.

Sure can. Just lift back up so it's free hanging. Then loosen jamb nuts on spring, the. Tighten or loosen to achieve propped gap. From your post you will want to tighten spring.

You have to learn how to ride,, sorry,, if you are going left you have to lean and foot weight on left side.... Otherwise, puff your gone of the rightside of seld..... Spend the moneys on a real suppension and you don't need the boss.......................Cheeper also................

You have to learn how to ride,, sorry,, if you are going left you have to lean and foot weight on left side.... Otherwise, puff your gone of the rightside of seld..... Spend the moneys on a real suppension and you don't need the boss.......................Cheeper also................

Nice comment! I already have the Boss seat.

Last edited:
Aggressive trail riding is more work with the high Boss seats, but once you get a solid feel for it you actually feel a lot more in control. I have ridden other Vipers with the stock seats after 8K miles on the Boss seat and I tell ya I now prefer the Boss even for trail riding. Yes you have to hang your body weight as far off the inside of the sled and as low as you can get while using outside foot pressure to fine tune the tightness of the turn. But the boss seat takes the work out of standing up.

Now as far as boondocking and hill climbing, the Boss seat is leaps and bounds ahead of the stock seat even if you use a seat riser. Of course for real off-trail riding you aren't sitting down at all because if you do sit down you won't be for long :oops: The sloped back of the seat is very important for switching sides as it allows your feet clearance to pass thru whereas the stock seat likes to catch your boot on the way.

Aggressive trail riding is more work with the high Boss seats, but once you get a solid feel for it you actually feel a lot more in control. I have ridden other Vipers with the stock seats after 8K miles on the Boss seat and I tell ya I now prefer the Boss even for trail riding. Yes you have to hang your body weight as far off the inside of the sled and as low as you can get while using outside foot pressure to fine tune the tightness of the turn. But the boss seat takes the work out of standing up.

Now as far as boondocking and hill climbing, the Boss seat is leaps and bounds ahead of the stock seat even if you use a seat riser. Of course for real off-trail riding you aren't sitting down at all because if you do sit down you won't be for long :oops: The sloped back of the seat is very important for switching sides as it allows your feet clearance to pass thru whereas the stock seat likes to catch your boot on the way.

The seat definitely does take some getting used to. First 50-60 miles in the twisty narrows no problem. By the second half of the day its an effort to keep up with other trail sleds, thus far.

Last edited:
thanks for the info and video. I orderd a Race seat last week hope to have it in the next couple days.
I am forgoing the storage to try make room for a fuel can I hope. after moving my needle jets up my sled runs great but is pretty thirsty

thanks for the info and video. I orderd a Race seat last week hope to have it in the next couple days.
I am forgoing the storage to try make room for a fuel can I hope. after moving my needle jets up my sled runs great but is pretty thirsty

Nice! What was the price difference on the race seat?

Nice! What was the price difference on the race seat?
race seat is $299 he has no actual mounted to a sled pictures so I promised to take some good hi res images and he gave me a brake on the shipping and tail light. should have it in my hands tomorrow unfortunately my sleds in Canada so may be another weekend before I can mount it

Looking foward to seeing some pictures, want to order a boss, but would like to see the race seat mounted on sled.

The seat definitely does take some getting used to. First 50-60 miles in the twisty narrows no problem. By the second half of the day its an effort to keep up with other trail sleds, thus far.

Any update on if you got more used to the seat yet? I am thinking about getting one for my srx. I get really sore in the hip and lower back area and I think it is from my body being bent so much right there.

Put a new boss seat on my venture a few weeks ago it took a few hours to get used to but absolutely love it now. Set up your suspension via betheviper instructions and you shouldn't have any issues.20170209_204735.jpg

I won't know till Thursday. I am hopping to be able to fit a mountain addicts rail kit and fuel can on the tunnel. I have a boss taillight that's tiny but bright and a apex taillight per my buddy's recommendation Steve from boss said it has the same sit area as the classic just no angled storage . I will try get on Thursday and post picture measurement's ect

Back