Ergonomic mod questions about 93 Exciter

93Excited

I ride my Exciter more standing up than sitting down and have found that after longer rides my back pays the next day. I also slip off off the running boards more than I'd like. The machine came with raised bars and a homeade handlebars/post one piece "t". I or others before me have bent the post slightly and they don't come up to what I would condsider ideal height. Some ideas I've had to help these issues.

I found these and am wondering if anyone has experience with them?

View attachment 62386

http://www.motoparthub.com/FH_7_B_R...Running_Board_Traction_Dumper_Rb_S_d_Free_Blk

Also I think I should replace the steering before I'm left stranded somewhere. I would have a comfortable reach of my grips if they were 2-4 inches higher than they sit currently. I like the idea of using Powermadd stuff since it's a MN Company. Does anyone know if their adapter bolts up to the four hole post Yamaha Exciters have. Or if RSI's adapter would pair with a Powermadd adjustable pivoting riser? I see RSI sells a cable that is +8". If that's so, would it make sense to account for the 1"-1.5" that various adapters add as well as compensate for a specific bend (such as a aluminum tapered bar by RSI w/ backcountry bed and 3" rise) and get a riser assembly that is somewhere in the 2-4" range and hope is all reaches and works? I don't get responses when I post tech ?'s with RSI.

Here's what I'm working with:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I probably wouldn't replace the bars but my speedo doesn't work, the tach is not right, the hand warmers and slippery grip/warmer in ones that don't work, the current post/bars are bent and a bit light duty for me at 210 lbs.

If I can keep the factory fairing like bluepsylo did with his Exciter I would. Similar to his I hope to install a Digitron data logger unit that show RPMs and temps. Here's his:
image.jpeg

Im looking at this, seems like enough. Anybody use them? Opinions?
https://www.xtremesledparts.com/dt-40-series.html

I put VMAX XT struts on mine and with the C&A BX ski's it's about two inches in higher @ front number than from when I bought the sled. I'd like more lift and see that the long travel Bender kit did his well but I suppose it's a long shot that they still sell them.

I know this isn't so much a mountain sled but I thought I'd post here since you guys are probably the ones doing more projects like this. Here's mine:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3

Back