straight forward skid swap on 93 exciter??? what can i use???

nick5oh

looking to do a straight forward skid swap on our exciter, having typical 20+ year old sled problems, wheels seized on shafts, pivot arms seized up, broken bolts etc etc. also the obsolete parts issues with older stuff and OUTRAGEOUS PRICES for good used stuff.

wondering if I can use a complete skid off of something without having to totally reinvent the wheel. do yammy skids bolt into same locations on tunnels? shaft widths and arms the same between the tunnel? if anyone knows of a compatible skid that would be great!

thanks guys

going through threads like these doing research because im trying to do a skid swap on my 92 exciter II because of the same issues. Any luck?

they do not all bolt up in the same location. when swapping skids out, make sure you get mounting dimensions from the donor sled as it will help mount it correctly so that it moves in the chassis correctly. you usually want from the top of the tunnel to the middle of the bolt for each mount point and you want from centre of drive axle to each mount point bolt as well.

Back