SX Viper bars & riser

The seller was able to change my order so I am getting the RSI chromoly steel bars and removable hooks.

I can't remember how I did this on my last sled- Should I apply the grip heaters directly to the steel bars, or wrap some electrical tape on the bars, then put the heaters on, or....?

Nobody has put aftermarket grip heaters on aftermarket bars?

I used the rsi heaters. definitely not as good as the ridiculously hot factory ones but they worked. I didnt have them for long until i sold the whole bar setup (was to high but i regret not just getting a shorter riser). Heres super old pics.

100_0040.jpg100_0037.jpg

Did you put the heaters directly on the bars?

That is a pretty high setup!

I am putting on 7" risers with flat bars and a pivot adapter. Feels pretty good so far just mocked up.

Last edited:
directly on bars. they were the ones that heated on out to the hooks. Early models had a weak steering column and i ended up snapping it off 3 times until installing the updated one.Screenshot_2015-01-15-20-55-13.jpgScreenshot_2015-01-15-20-56-31.jpgimage.jpg100_0015.jpg

Some like the higher bars even with stock seating height, but the real motivation for bar risers is off-trail riding where you stand up most of the time. These generations of sleds had such a low seating position and handlebar height that you had to bend over to ride standing up. Not very good for seeing and controlling the sled. Once you raise the bars about 6 - 8 inches you can ride standing straight up and have much better control for sidehilling etc. Of course then you need to raise the seat because you do need to ride the trail to get to the legal off-trail riding areas in most places.

My 02/03 Mtn Viper has the seat about even with the gas cap and the bars at arms length with elbows relaxed and slightly bent while standing straight up. Jump on a current mountain sled and you will get the idea. It makes it much easier to control and switch sides for opposite foot forward riding.

Last edited:
I appreciate the reply Ding. I think I might add a small maybe 3 or 4 inch riser to mine were i can increase the height but not have to get new cables. I like the dressed down look of the bars its what they all look like now with hand guards. I guess with stock seat and small rise in the bars would make for better ergo and form when on the trails.

reopening an old thread..

I would like to raise my bars without altering the cables etc. what is the max height I can achieve without swapping cables and where do you order the riser?

the easyest riser to put on any srx or viper is a 2" riser. i have put one on my fathers 2005 sx venture and it was snug to do but fit.

reopening an old thread..

I would like to raise my bars without altering the cables etc. what is the max height I can achieve without swapping cables and where do you order the riser?

3 1/2 rox pivot riser. Perfect for viper without cable change. Just have to run throttle cables under bar instead of over. I also liked a 1” block riser with rox 2” pivot rise. No cable change need with either.

https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/...ivoting-bar-risers-for-7-8-or-1-1-8-handlebar

Outside of the hole where all the cables go through normally, so they are sandwiched under the hood when its closed. I just can't get them run in a safe way...

Back