2000 srx 700 hard to get track to turn

i have a 2000 srx 700 with 1400 miles on it. engine runs great , starts right up . just put new track on it. skid slid out no issues and went back in no issues and local dealer said no way it should have gone in that easy. i replaced all bearings even though i didnt need to and the other bearings were good just figured id do them while i had track off. and yes all 4 bearings . once again put it all back together and it starts great idles great and when i give it gas it seems to struggle to turn track on the initial throttle response. that big of a engine in my mind should turn it for fun. before i put on new track it seemed to be doing the same but i just thought the chain in the case was on to tight (which it was) so i made it looser when i put it back together. that didnt help any. i read where 20 pounds hanging from track should be inch and a quarter hanging from skid so i did that. the amount of time i have into this sled is crazy trying to figure out why it wont easily turn track from get go. track is a hacksaw camoplast (brand new) which i would not have bought if i knew windows in the track to adjust track tension were so small. ( i would adjust one side then whale a 2x4 on track to get hole to line up with other track tension bolt). the front of skid where track meets off the drive seems to be really tight so i adjusted limiter track up by adjusting bolt down and did not get less pressure of front of skid. i noticed spring on shock in the front is on lightest setting cause i can spin spring by hand when i am off sled. what is wrong with this machine? should there be alot of tension on front of skid? and yes if i keep loosening track it will sag i the middle and still keep tension up front!!!! dear little 7 pound 8 ounce baby jesus can u help me? any info would be great cause im at a lose for what could be wrong. love the sled and im not gonna give up just need a little help. how hard by hand should the track turn when sled is off? and non the parking brake is not on, already learned that lesson. and also i watched the proaction skid video enough to give a speech on it so i understand how that works

Last edited:

New track will rub on the front heat exchanger protector until it wares in. I had the same issue with that. After it wares in and you still have a hard time taking off. Check your jack shaft bearing and see if it is set up a little bit. Also check your e-brake and your brakes on the sled. Make sure it's not making contact with the rotor. Or moves freely.

Back