Srx reverse questions

Hammer Down

Im probably gonna pull
the trigger on a reverse setup. Does the brake scoop still fit after the conversation? Does it matter if the reverse is donated from a vmax or viper? Are the bottom and top gears different from the non-reverse case.

Im probably gonna pull
the trigger on a reverse setup. Does the brake scoop still fit after the conversation? Does it matter if the reverse is donated from a vmax or viper? Are the bottom and top gears different from the non-reverse case.

-Yes brake scoop still fits
-the reverse kit from any trailing arm SX,SXR,Viper,Venom,Mountain Max,Venture and Phazer will work...the key here is that the reverse kit was from a Pro-Action trailing arm sled.
-the top gear will fit from a non reverse sled but the bottom gear is unique to the reverse kit....you have to watch here that you don't try to mix gears and chains from a Hyvo and non Hyvo sled.

the difference is in the silent to hyvo gearing. just make sure you stay in the same kind of chain.
If you want to make your srx look stock with reverse, install it on the brake lever and delete your parking brake. a parking brake cable from most any 4 stroke is the correct length and has the correct ends. The piece I attached to the original bracket on the reverse kit is an end from a pro action parking brake. The other is made. Not shown is the return spring to keep the adjustment centered.
CIMG0307.JPG
IMG_6225.JPG
If you trailer alot, keep a rubber band or a quick clamp around when loading to hold your brake.
Or you can do some tig welding and make one of these. This nessesatates moving your dimmer. I have had mine on the brake leaver on two sleds and prefer it. I think I got the idea from a firecat maybe.
CIMG0349.JPG

Back