80 SRX, been sitting for years, questions.

ac auto

I have an 80 SRX 440, it hasn't run in years. I did start it putting some fresh gas in the cylinders and adding fresh gas to the tank. It doesn't seem to be drawing from the tank. I will look at the fuel hoses and pump. Also, I am going to go through the carbs, my question is what changes if any should I make while the carbs are apart considering it will now have to run on the crappy ethanol gas we are stuck with now. One major problem i have is the gas tank broke off where the cap is hinged. Does anyone have or know of a gas tank available? What tanks are interchangeableIMG_2366.jpgIMG_2364.jpg between years and other models? I am located in Maine. Thanks Mark.

none. the 80 srx used its own tank. there was a cut out on the side for the oil injection tank. i would find another tank. they are out there 3:16x (yammie tony)

shipping would suck both ways but i do repair the tanks by plastic welding a whole new top section on the tank prices start at $75 to fix the tanks if you cannot fint another tank

yes go through the carbs, rebuild the fuel pump all new fuel lines new intank filter and then the fun part rip the engine down and completely go through it and reseal i will just about guarantee it needs new cranks seals and a fresh set of rings ..........easier to spend the $100 in parts and your time then have to spend $1500 for a full rebuild down the road ........not to mention you will have peace of mind knowing everything is checked over and and problems caught and fixed right away

Back