First 2018 released by Cat...

low slung

All new 794cc twin two-stroke,built by cat(so much for the rumours of yamaha input:dead: ).This was pretty much a given for 2018.IMG_0495_1485199509902.jpg

Last edited:

2 stroke Tech has come a long way since 2003 when Yamaha made that statement. Its too bad they don't have a competitive 2 stroke.....they are missing 99% of the mountain market. Seeing a 4 stroke in the mountains is like finding a unicorn.

Might be slightly off-topic here. In one way I do find it odd, and in another way not odd, that Yamaha doesn't make a 2 stroke sled still. One being in the MX world they pretty much brought on the 4 stroke revolution with the yz400f, with that said they are the only Japanese manufacturer still making 2 stroke dirt bikes (although at the core they're the same bike as 2006). It just seems weird to me that in one market they are one of the few still producing 2 strokes (MX) but in another they stopped completely (snowmobiles), similar to how Honda is 100% 4 stroke for the off-road market now.

Might be slightly off-topic here. In one way I do find it odd, and in another way not odd, that Yamaha doesn't make a 2 stroke sled still. One being in the MX world they pretty much brought on the 4 stroke revolution with the yz400f, with that said they are the only Japanese manufacturer still making 2 stroke dirt bikes (although at the core they're the same bike as 2006). It just seems weird to me that in one market they are one of the few still producing 2 strokes (MX) but in another they stopped completely (snowmobiles), similar to how Honda is 100% 4 stroke for the off-road market now.

The yz 2 strokes haven't changed much since 06 but they did come out with the yz250x a couple of years ago. It's based on the yz but a lot of changes were made. I don't see why yamaha couldn't bring back one of their old 2 stroke sleds and just update it like they did with the vk540.

wonder what that new cat 2 stroke is like.. its a twin I bet it rips. i wish yamaha would make a stroke sled engine again.. take a new viper sr strip the heavy 4stroke out of it. cut some weight and drop in a twin 2 stroke 800cc.. 129 inch track they would sell like hot cakes.. I would cash in part of my 401 k to buy a sled like that cash.

the viper is an artic cat . not an yamaha .it comes with an two stroke like you asked for?. just go buy the cat .

Back