98 zr 600 carb full of oil

hessracing

Hey guys, I'm working on my father in laws 98 zr 600 it has been sitting for 2 years. I took it all apart to clean the carbs and the pto side bowl was full of injector oil! I was like what the hell!? But didn't think anything of it, and I put it all back together and noticed it was insanely hard to pull over! It was like a dirt bikes compression stroke. Then I noticed the exhaust was seeping something dam oil was coming out of the exhaust too! After several time of pulling the plugs that were drenched in oil and cleaning them. I finally got it to pop off with a little gas in the cylinders and she smokes like a siv now! Any idea why there would be oil in the bowl??

There is a check valve on yamaha's, it's in the oil line, if that isn't sealing up oil can flow through into the carbs, does the cat have a check valve? that may be your problem.

roger that I looked up a parts diagram and know what im looking at now I wonder if its bad or if it just happened because all the gas evaporated out of the carbs from sitting for so long doesn seem to be an issue now that i have it running.

Back