Sno Scoot Has Me Stumped

The guy my father in law said he was selling to because it was too fast for his 13 year old son. I think that was a line of BS and it never ran right for him. It's never run right for us.

The oil tank was basically full. We haven't ridden it enough to judge any kind of oil useage. A block off plate is $29 I would have to just drain the gas out of it and dump some pre mix in. It could lube something internally via an internal passage, but it doesn't have external lines to the case. It has one line to a tee that mixes it into the fuel line pre fuel pump.

Just chiming in a bit late on this, have you figured out the problem yet? I had the same problem with the main nozzle being stripped in the carb. I brought it to a machine shop and he was able to drill it out without damaging the threads, not sure where you live but the shop is in Epping NH. I also found a replacement carb because I was sick of dealing with the stock carb. its a mikuni vm26, I had to replace the throttle and choke cables but it works fantastic with no problems, been running the scoot for two seasons with it. carb and cables was about $100.00, much better than $400 for the scoot one and don't have to constantly play with it.

Just chiming in a bit late on this, have you figured out the problem yet? I had the same problem with the main nozzle being stripped in the carb. I brought it to a machine shop and he was able to drill it out without damaging the threads, not sure where you live but the shop is in Epping NH. I also found a replacement carb because I was sick of dealing with the stock carb. its a mikuni vm26, I had to replace the throttle and choke cables but it works fantastic with no problems, been running the scoot for two seasons with it. carb and cables was about $100.00, much better than $400 for the scoot one and don't have to constantly play with it.

I’m going to try a fuel pump as my last resort. I suspect the fuel pump has a pinhole in the diaphragm and it’s flooding back through the pulse tube. After that I’m out of ideas and it’s off to a mechanic because I can’t think of anything else to do. Good idea with the carb I’ll keep that in mind Incase I end up needing one.

the fuel pump is the same one used on the Bravo 250's you may fine one on ebay. I think I have one if you need one. snoscoot .com has the pump for some ridiculous price so let me know if you need one and I'll look.

the fuel pump is the same one used on the Bravo 250's you may fine one on ebay. I think I have one if you need one. snoscoot .com has the pump for some ridiculous price so let me know if you need one and I'll look.

Do you have a parts list to do the carb conversion? I put the new fuel pump on and it’s still pushing enough gas through that this nasty black stuff comes out the muffler until it floods enough that it won’t run. What jet sizes did you run with a VM26? It fits the stock carb and intake boot?

I'm pretty sure I have the stock jet in the carb, I tried smaller ones but settled on the one that came with it, I think it was a 90. I'll dig out the other ones I have and see what's left and will be able to tell which one is in there. The part #'s on the invoice are: choke cable, 05-146-01; throttle cable, 05-138 and the carb is a VM 26/74, part # 300544. The choke cable is a bit long and had to snake it around a bit to get where it belongs so if you can find a shorter one that may work better. I uploaded a few picts of the carb installed, hope you can see them. The boot on the engine side fits snug and the boot on the air filter side is a little big so I replaced the stock clamp with a hose clamp and was able to get it tight.
IMG_1167.jpgIMG_1166.jpg

Last edited:
I was going through some discussion about carbs issue with my 88 sno scoot and I read this post from you back in 2015 I have the same issue. I followed your idea and ordered the same parts # you put in your post. Choke cable, 05-146-01; throttle cable, 05-138 and the carb is a VM 26/74, part # 300544
I installed it on the scoot and run fine, but I cannot use the full length of the throttle I have to lower down the cable adjustment on top of the carburetor all the way and give a high air fuel ratio on the screw in order to get it run, if I do not do this and snap the gas lever all the way the engine start to wobble and wants to die pass the 1/3 of the throttle stroke.
I know this is long time ago but would you remember if you had the same problem or you were able to set up correctly?
If you have any inputs, I would really appreciate.
Also there is like vent underneath the carbs that we can connect a tube, I think it is a vent or float overflow, but not sure. Do you know if this can be related?
Thanks

Back