06 Viper Throttle.Cable Replacement

Broadheadburke

I had the lucky pleasure of my throttle cable break, as I was getting ready to go up in the mountains, right where the fuel/oil cables connect. New cables on the way. My question is: how do I take the oil cable off? Looks like it goes down into bottom of the engine and I can't see anything. Also, if I can get to it, do I need to mark anything or take measurements so my oil flow will.be set as it was prior to the new cable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yuck - have to take the carbs out and the engine mount out. It is still a bear to replace but can be done. It goes to the oil pump which is mounted to the bottom rear of the engine right under that engine mount. Some just take the oil pump off and replace the cable and then put the oil pump back. Maybe someone else on here has a trick that I don't know about to make it easier.

Just had a thought . . .

Is there any way to leave the oil cable on the sled and just replace at the joint where the throttle cable ties in. I haven't had one of those in my hand for a while and don't recall if it comes apart easily. If I get a chance later maybe I will go get one out of the parts bin to see.

Haven't been able to tear into it yet. Tomorrow hopefully, as I've been working 12 hour shifts the last few days. I already have the carbs out, giving them a Mr Viper cleaning and found an O-Ring broken down in the fuel screw and our small area Yamaha dealership had to order the O-Ring. Your help is greatly appreciated, and will look into it. Thanks again!

Back