Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain Viper bogs continue... a few ideas and needing advice

It has the factory deflector on it. There is a good seal around the stinger/mufflers at the belly pan. My phone is either done for or needs fixed so probably won't be posting any pics for a couple days. The more I try and fix the underhood air to the airbox and snow leaking around the fairings, headlights, windshield, etc... the more I get disgusted. One roll over on the mountain and I'll most likely be having to get another dash, fairings, and windshield to basically start all over again (with the exception of the 4 underhood to airbox vents that probably would be fine) on a piss poor design. I was looking at a 95 VMax Mountain Max that was given to me and it was a better thought out design than this. Basically with the Viper, they took a sled designed for trail riding; put a longer track under it, took the swaybar off, blocked the ram air induction, raised the bars a bit, gave it a mountain strap, put Deep Snow Special decals on it, and called it a mountain sled.

VIP Lfietime Member

I dont know about where all the vipers can get air into the intake from, I havent had any bog problems with my 02mm since I blocked all airbox holes that could intake underhood air and screened my hood vents. I have 4 florites in the dash, stock filter, drilled airbox...

Senior Member Open Mod Backwoods M Max's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronc_twister View Post
    I wonder if two of those would be enough for triple or if I would need 3. I might have to look into these a bit more.
    It might be worth a call to slp to see what they think. I'm not sure if they are meant to be positioned for a direct pass across the air box into the carb/throttle body or just to let in x amount of air based on square inch of opening. They sell these things for the 800 twins and even the 850 doo I believe. They are all the same size from what I have researched. In theory the 700 has less air volume moving through it than any 800 so I would think it should be fine.
    "We're having a hard time keeping people moving in the direction we need to go.....because the snow is deep"

Mountain Max 151" Build
    Reverse Chain Case Install W/Pics

VIP Lfietime Member

2017-02-06 10.44.12.jpg2017-02-06 10.44.21.jpg
    Here's what mine looks like, stock was just the foam gap all the way across and the underhood air. i had my entire dash covered multiple times the other week when I was out and this still leaves plenty of flow. I do try to wipe it off before it could ice up over all my intakes.

Mine does the same thing. I have every single hole covered. Mine only bogs when the exaust is in the powder. If I tip the sled on the left side, it will go forever. I do believe it is going back to stock exaust. I can't drive 1800 miles to have a sled not run.
    It acts as if there is not enough pressure coming out of three individual pipes to push past the snow. I wonder if the tripples that go into "1" silencer have this problem.
    Last edited by ratpack; 05-22-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratpack View Post
    Mine does the same thing. I have every single hole coveredIf I tip the sled on the left side, it will go forever.
    Exhaust not being able to ........ exhaust?
    Dannyboy

Senior Member Open Mod ..SNAKEBIT..'s Avatar

biggest difference I made was when I built a larger exhaust deflector, also had flo-rites? in dash intakes
    16 VIPER LE MTX
    ALL ROOST NO BOOST!

A friend of mine has a piped Viper that did not have the "bog" in the powder. The only difference between his and mine is that he did the air box mod.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12