2002 SRX Starting Issue

Sorry for the delay, think I found the problem. Pretty sure power valves don't look like this.

View attachment 62872

OUCH!!! What in the H*** I guess Anything can happen but I never thought a pull through could result in that, if in-fact that powervalve was pulled through. Wow talk about bad luck. Hope you get you are able to get your sled back up and running. Im blown away, how did this happen??

Hey all,

Finally got back into the sled and here is what I found. The power valve got pretty chewed up and is stuck. Cylinder looks ok, piston head I'm not so sure about. Questions...

Before I start grinding on the power valve to get it out of the cylinder, should it be able to come through into the cylinder?
The piston head, I'm certainly not an expert, thoughts on if it is shot?

Cylinder 1-1200.jpgCylinder 2-1200.jpgCylinder 3-1200.jpgPiston-1200.jpgPV-1200.jpg

no, the powervalve is not able to come into the inside of the cylinder as there are stops cast into the cylinder, so youll need to get it out the way it went in, out the top front.

piston and rings are junk, replace them along with the rod bearing and wrist pin,clips.

Last edited:
if u broke the power valve that way ....yes its possible for the valve to flip inside the cylinder been there 4 time ....better throw away that cylinder in garbadge ...probably to much wear inside the cylinder and the power valve will broke again .....good luck on that

I have a good OEM Yamaha SRX piston. It's in perfect shape and well within specifications. I measured it with an outside caliper 10mm above the skirt bottom

I also have a good power valve.

Last edited:

Back