1969 Yamaha SL351

Cooper0809

So it's been a very long time since I've been on the 2 smoke side of things. So thismornin I wake up, check kijiji, and I see this 69 351 for sale. He says best offer in his ad. So I offer $1k, he comes back and says he's thinking more like $1500. So I said I'll be there at 11am. Got looking at this thing and I was impressed with it so I said to him, would you take $1200? He fires back at $1350. I come back with $1300. And we shook hands. So what do you guys think? I need honest opinions from you guys on what these are potentially worth and if I got a good deal or not. I'll get some pictures up shortly...

I know very little of the actual value of this sled, but I like it. To me a true collector is not in it for the investment but rather the personal appeal of having a fine piece of history. The value is simply what it is worth to to you to have and ride that machine. I think you made a good deal for you regardless of what the sled might be worth to someone else. Of course all I have is junk so anything that looks that nice is "valuable" to me ;)!

I agree, I just finished up a '74, TW 433 F, no idea whats its worth, but I like it, so thats what counts to me. Enjoy your new sled

for the condition it it is in i think you did just fine on the purchase ...i am not a big steel chassis yamaha guy but that is one on the list for the collection

Great sled, my neighbor bought one of them new it was a great sled, fast for the day. One thing, check the crank on it. The crank goes all the way through the clutch and is spindled they sometimes broke right were the spline meets the taper on the crank. Yamaha had a recall on it. just thought I would let you know so you can check it out.. Great Find...

That's a great sled, my family had one as our first sled. Dad and little sister on snowmobile pulling sled with mom and baby brother in it and myself and other brother standing on rear of sled holding on to roll bar. In all 6 people being pulled by 1969 SL 351 through woods before grooming trails became the way to ride. Great memories. Have fun and ride.

Back