SXVenom Build - Running Log

Was once again lazy on the sled this summer after bike season came around. Still haven't pulled the skid out, only rode that one time last year. I'm in the middle of putting the carb rebuild kit in, and also want to put the new fuel filter in. So that same old gas is still in the tank (albeit not very much). When I put the new filter in I'd like to drain everything out, maybe get a little new stuff to rinse it out, and have a total fresh starting point. Ordered a set of long forceps/hemostats to grab the filter in the tank. Short of taking the tank off and swooshing the new gas around, does anyone have any recommendations for rinsing it out? I just don't want to damage the sending unit at all. Just looking in the tank with a flashlight it looks like there's some sparkles in there (assuming from the gas filler nozzle), and a blade or two of grass. My other thought was a shop vac but that seems like there's an explosive risk there...

Oh good point I think we do have one of the jiggler siphons. I like the sound of the pump though, might have to pick one of those up at that price.

Other thing I need to figure out is where I can find no ethanol gas here in the city so I'll be able to get it back on the trailer...

Back