Best track for 2003 stock Viper

Best bet is to wait for RD no tax sale in the spring unless you can find someone with a "end of season" sale. Our Canadian $.. Woo Hoo!
That was my plan, the way it's looking I'm not sure how much more riding we'll get done this year [emoji22]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Best bet is to wait for RD no tax sale in the spring unless you can find someone with a "end of season" sale. Our Canadian $.. Woo Hoo!

This is very true. I got a New 1.35" x 136" Cobra for 520$ (Canadian) from a local sled / atv dealer in mid April. At the time it was 200$ Off reg price.

Last edited:
Next season give us your .02 cents and the wife's judgement of it. It's Oh-so important to keep the wife happy while on the sled.
She's funny, I asked her if she wants to get something more upright, but she refuses to change. That's why I'm spending some money on the Viper to keep it reliable. The engine is done, now it's the track, bearings and shocks. I've had it since new so I'm very attached to it as well.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Next season give us your .02 cents and the wife's judgement of it. It's Oh-so important to keep the wife happy while on the sled.
Believe or not, last week was the first chance we had to get out sledding. Even then we had to drive 7 hours to Kirkland Lake. I ended up using the ice attack 1" track. It was exactly as described good traction on the trail, and adequate traction on ice and the roads. All around I was very impressed with this track, and would recommend it to anyone. Wife loved it as well as you can see in the picture, happy camper.
5237f94f070a7743abba521ade84329a.jpg
e92883066c8ea25bd299df8999d0f820.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I got out of snowmobiling (for the 3rd time) and now have decided I just cannot get it out of my blood. My last sled was an '05 RX1, but years ago I had an '02 Viper and that's what I am looking for.
I found one with about 5500mi on it and it looks well taken care of. The track is my biggest concern as it looks very worn. I am trying to visualize what original tracks looked like in that day. I do not
want to use studs. I am at an age where performance is a big issue. I just love the way the SX Viper ERs look, sound, and feel. I haven't seen any tears or missing cleats in the track so I am wondering
if the track on it may suffice for my use. There is a snowmobile boneyard about an hour away that I could go see what might be available in used.

This is the ice attack. The original track was round knobies, and was quite soft. I had picked the original track and it did not seem to hold them very well. Plenty of pick throws, and I consider myself lucky none of them went through the heat exchangers.
9cd49e055643ec6c854a946d1c96a7fb.jpg

lol i was going to say that. i would throw something like an ice ripper or ice attack at it if you are planning to mainly trail ride it.

Looks like the original track on the bed of your trailer !
Hahahaha, funny thing is I was going through my pictures looking for a picture of the original track, AND THERE IT IS layed out on the trailer bed. Like looking for a pencil when it's behind your ear.

Back