Best track for 2003 stock Viper

brethren

Hello all, I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but I have to ask. I have about 18000 km on my stock track, and I am going to replace the track this summer. I have to run some sort of picks as my wife will be the primay rider, and she won't ride without traction on roads or ice. I think it's a 121 track, I'm open to pre-studded paddles or pre-drilled. I'd like to get the deepest paddles that will fit, and it will be used strictly for trail riding, any suggestions?

PS. We've put on about 300 Km since top end rebuild, new piston got munched due to mid range lean conditions. I moved the needle position to 3.5 as per mrviper's recommendation (thanks a bunch) and the sled is definitely running cooler with no issues. I will drop it down to 3.25 after beakin, as it is running a little rich for my liking (plugs are almost black and powdery). All we need is a winter to go riding and clock some km's !!!! Everyone please join me in a daily snow dance!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I personally don't like tall lug tracks with studs. A 1" carve with studs would be about perfect and you won't have to change drivers or anything. That track is tough and good all around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Something like that, but Id go with recommendations from a company like woodys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

If is a trail only sled, it simply does not get any better than a Hacksaw. Excellent handling and a good mpg track. It is available in a prestudded version named Ice Attack. She'll absolutely love it.

I just put 500 miles on a new ice attack XT. 1.22". Worked great on trail and would go thru deep powder

Attachments

• IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Agree with ^above^. Have the 121" version on one of my SRX's and love it. Approx. 2000 KM's on it and it still looks new. Perfect track for trail ridding in my opinion.

Sorry about my ignorance, but the Ice Attack XT is a pre-studded track? Also are the studs in the paddles, and any chance of pick throw? Thanks for the help on this, nothing like drawing on people's experience.

I am running 1 1/4 rip saw on my viper and my wifes vmax with stock drivers and no studs. theres not much stud clearance but we ride in lose snow a lot outside of Wawa.
1 1/4 is max with the cooler protector in the front and stock drivers you need to nip the track for it to clear

The studs are molded in. There are 218 of them. It doesn't look like one would pull through without the track completely coming apart. The studs don't quite hook up like regular studs but they do bite enough on ice to keep control. It also ends up being cheaper than buying a track and studs. And no drilling of track etc. It is also lighter than track with studs. Beware the 1.22" ice attack xt will require removal of the front heat exchanger protectors and the track slightly rubbed on the tunnel protectors it after a 100 miles or so it stopped. There is the 1" ice attack also if you don't want to deal with that. I just liked the fact that I could have studs and a decent size paddle to go off trail. My riding buddy has a 07 skidoo 800 136 and I could go anywhere that sled went off trail and mines a 121". I didn't want to run regular studs after a pullThrough damaged my front heat exchanger anyway. If you expand the picture I posted earlier you can see the studs in the track lugs. They are barely noticeable

Last edited:
Got it thanks, I do want a deep paddles but not bad enough to remove the heat exchanger protectors. It's looking more like the 1" ice attack for us. Now all I have to do is find one without having to take out a second motgage. Thanks to all for the help.

Ice Attack XT ..... aka prestudded 1.25 Ripsaw II
IMG_1715.JPG

Ice Ripper XT ..... aka prestudded 1.25 Ripsaw
IMG_1714.JPG

And an Ice Attack ..... aka prestudded 1" Hacksaw
IMG_1713.jpg
Lesser steering effort required on an Ice Attack.

Last edited:
I have an ice attack 1" (hacksaw) version on my 02 viper and a ice attack xt 1.22" (ripsaw) version on my 04 viper s. Truthfully speaking, i prefer the hacksaw version for trail riding.

I just put 500 miles on a new ice attack XT. 1.22". Worked great on trail and would go thru deep powder

Thats on a viper right? Does it clear the tunnel protectors and heat exchanger cover?

OOPS I see you answered that above. Is it safe to run that track without the heat exchanger cover and tunnel protectors?

Last edited:
Its an srx. I left the tunnel protectors ecause it rubbed very little. The front cooler protector I removed. It got damaged from a stud pullout with the protectors in anyway. Just watch your track tension is correct. I assume the viper clearances will be similar to the srx because they're both pro action chasssis. Go with the 1" track then you won't need to worry about it at all and leave protectors in.

I've got my sights set on the 1" ice attack hacksaw. Royal distributing has it for 750. I'll wait for a sale or at the show to pick it up. Thanks for all the help.

Back