(New guy)My 1st 4 stroke Yamaha

ISLED4U

Hello everyone just joined the site and also made a donation as well, I've been snowmobiling for about 40 some odd years now, and its been a 2 stroke life up until 2 weeks ago when that all changed and adopted a Yamaha vector (RS)

This machine was pretty much a turn key operation and has 4900 miles on it and is in mint condition all the way around, paid $2500 for it and yes it does run great!! >>Up until 2/18/17 that's also when it hit 5000k even on the speedo.

I don't know if this is hereditary with Yamahas or the 05's I believe the stator has given its last volt, I did test the stator coil resistance at the AC Magneto coupler and was getting only 0.9 & 0.8 Ohms (3 white wires + in middle)(- on either side)

You should be getting anywhere from 0.22 to 0.26 ohms, I also tested the stator output @ 5k rpm with new battery<(13.5 volt) in sled (used the jump leads to test with volt meter) and only tested out at 12.2 volts (with machine running)

Now I don't know the amount miles these stators are supposed to endure before they become ineffective, is it possible that the Rectifier or Magneto has gone south? therefor not letting the stator do its job. or a possible short in the harness?

I'm very mechanically inclined folks just looking for some input on this, now I know why the seller of the sled was so nice to me, but you how it is on private sales "AS IS AS SHOWN" what can I do...:whine:

If I have to do a stator change do have to pull the engine totally out of this machine? pleasure to meet you guys my name is Chris

Hi Chris, go to the top of this page and click on the TY 4 stroke. You should get an answer there. Mostly 2stroke guys here. Good luck

Yes please go and register on the ty4stroke.com, this side of Totallyamaha is mainly 2 stroke stuff. If you have donated, please contact me, I have a few VIPs that get paid and are unclaimed.

Back