where to buy ex440 clutch parts

kallio

I've been online and everything is showing the primary and secondary spring as not an option to purchase? does anyone on here carry stock springs for the Yamaha clutches?

secondary Yellow, and silver depending on the year for the secondary have long been discontinued, same goes for just about all primary springs what year sled or what springs are you looking for

trying to find stock springs for a 79 ex440. two years ago I was able to trace down some of the last remaining inventory for the primary and secondary clutches from Yamaha dealers but it took a while.

I contacted Koch and they have nothing. in another post Yamaha nutz, I read that another years spring might work. how to do you know what the spring is and what might be comparable when all I can find online are part numbers.

the stock spring is a blue green.

also, how do you know if a spring is soft? what are the signs, will it get longer or shorter? I have the spring from my 80 primary when I changed it a couple years ago and it measures at 88.5 mm. I think I read somewhere the stock one is 86.5?

I contacted Koch and they have nothing. in another post Yamaha nutz, I read that another years spring might work. how to do you know what the spring is and what might be comparable when all I can find online are part numbers.

the stock spring is a blue green.

also, how do you know if a spring is soft? what are the signs, will it get longer or shorter? I have the spring from my 80 primary when I changed it a couple years ago and it measures at 88.5 mm. I think I read somewhere the stock one is 86.5?

unless your secondary spring is a complete rusted mess it is probably just fine the blue green is a std phazer spring and used on the 79-80 ex 440's i never cared for that spring a 90-91 phazer yellow green spring will give it a little more engagement and nicer shift but once again a spring that is NLA ... i will look i may have a few nice ones yet

Back