Yamaha Secondary Spring Rate Chart???

ALLFUN112

Hello,,I am looking for a chart of the rates and part#'s for Yamaha secondary springs,,,I have a ALL Solid Red spring in the secondary now,,No clue on Brand or Rate,,,it is wrapped to either 90 or 100 now,,i want to start out with New spring for my starting point,,Thanks PS This is a 03 RX-1 secondary w/a Hauck 47/41 helix in it!!! from what I have been able to find out,,looks like it is a Hauck spring,with that much wrap to it.Not sure though

I was able to find everything on the Primary springs,,,but not secondary springs.

P.S. This is not being used on a 03 RX-1 sled,,,it is on my buggy motor!!!!!

Thanks

Last edited:

Thanks ,,I saw that one,,but wasn't sure if the year was correct

Would you have a guess on which one (Secondary Spring) I should maybe start with for my buggy,,and how much wrap??

I understand primary springs ,, pre-load/total force. but now I see Spring Rate #'s.. I don't understand these #'s, thought they would have #'s (example: 40/132 ) like the primary spring,,,i have no-clue what to chose.I understand setting the wrap(Twist Angle) at least,,,guess I go back to the books again!!!!

Sure could use some help here. (Spring Rate)

On the sec. spring,,,is the pre-load really the wrap you put on the spring????

Thanks

Last edited:
Green is pretty commonly used so is red they run about 20$ might even find them used for 10. wrap it at 60-70 try it out. I would try green first.

Back