faster upshift for light throttle cruising - steeper helix or less spring tension?

kielbasa

More questions about my new to me viper......I would like to have it upshift easier (stock clutching now) during trail cruising at light to medium throttle. Am I better of just reducing the twist in the secondary spring, or installing a steeper and/or multi angle helix? Thanks for your input!
P.S. If it matters, I could care less about top speed and holeshots - fuel mileage is more important to me.

simply reduce the twist in the sec clutch, it already comes stock with a red dot sec spring which is soft. reduce it by 10 degrees till you get your desired result.( stock setting is 70 degress which is hole 1 in sec clutch and hole 6 on helix) It will not work the same for all conditions tho, wet heavy snow will require more tension and light fluffy powder on groomed trails you can use less twist. This will lower your cruise and peak rpm some resulting in better mpg.

no, it will not hurt anything, it just doesn't backshift good but if all your doing is cruising groomed trails its fine, you said you were not worried about topspeed.

Back