Bender triple jetting rich issue

2004yamahaviper

2000 redhead 700
Reed spacers
150 151.5 150 mains
50 pilots
Stock needle
1.5 on fuel air screw
I am getting a really bad flat spot between 1/2 to 7/8 throttle rpm will die right out to 6900 rpm and can't get it out of the bog until I let right off and get back on
Rpm wfo sitting at 8500 to 8700
Do I raise my needle or should I try a smaller pilot

I have the setup sheet from bender for jetting and clutching on a 2000 700 sxr with bender triples.
Let me know, And I can email it to you.
If I recall, I thought they took a 52.5 pilot ?

Before the pipes I was running stock jetting. It seems like it's just on the edge and when it's a bit warmer out its very rich on the main. Anyone finding they need to run a smaller main. With 150 mains and 52.5 pilots at around 32f it will hardly run.

Most of those triple pipes have a flat spot like that.. Its right in the cruising range. I would try and clutch it out of that spot.
Does it fall on its face or just feel slightly dead at that rpm?

You also maybe able to drop or raise the needles 1/2 shim to help that spot.

Fall right on its face 8500 rpm wot if you just let off a little it will pull down to 6900 rpm lose alot of power. On a colder morning it wasn't there at all. Re jet gonna be mandatory in temp difference with triple pipes?

Fall right on its face 8500 rpm wot if you just let off a little it will pull down to 6900 rpm lose alot of power. On a colder morning it wasn't there at all. Re jet gonna be mandatory in temp difference with triple pipes?

Sure sounds like its fat as hell to me but the 150s should be correct, even if I look back at some old info we have. What clutching do you have in it?

51/43 yamaha helix (rx1)
8cr weights 3.1 and 4.3
P-p-p primary
Green secondary at 80 wrap
8500 rpm and will sit there
Cold day it was 8600
Warm day 8200 ish and if you let off at all right down to 6800 bog and no power
Went back to stock pilots 45s with 150 mains
Not Alot of snow for testing but it seems better trying to get it right for a 600ft drag/ Hill climb
I have 147.5 mains with 47.5 pilots ordered just not sure about running them on a cooler day

Also fuel milage last weekend over a 685 km weekend was only running 120km a tank. Not impressed with that.
Had 150 151 150 main in with 50 pilots warm weather 32f

Did yesterday 123 124 125 might be a tad low with 16500km on it. Could this be causing a slight rich issue.

No, usually when you get a strange spot like that, the pipes are not scavenging correctly and pulling the power like they should.. sometimes clutching can affect then as it not loading the engine correctly. Inever ran Bender Pipes, I had some CPR pipes and Power Incs back then.

MMax 700 Jetting Issue

Seems to be better better with 147.5 and 47.5 at 2 turns out. I might try the 45s for a drag in 2 weeks.

I have the Bender triple pipes on my 2000 MMax with the thinned head gaskets, reed spacers and airbox mods. I run at 2500 to 6000ft @ about 20 degrees temp. with no problems. Turns 8800 all day long, never a hesitation or stumble whatsoever. I think you are running too rich. My mains are 136.3, pilot jets 57.5, stock needles set @#2 position, pilot fuel screws 2 turns out. Stock 8cr arms with 3.6g inner & 2.4g outer. Stock Y/W/Y primary spring, stock helix & green spring in secondary @80 degrees wrap. Premium fuel. Hope that helps.

I have the Bender triple pipes on my 2000 MMax with the thinned head gaskets, reed spacers and airbox mods. I run at 2500 to 6000ft @ about 20 degrees temp. with no problems. Turns 8800 all day long, never a hesitation or stumble whatsoever. I think you are running too rich. My mains are 136.3, pilot jets 57.5, stock needles set @#2 position, pilot fuel screws 2 turns out. Stock 8cr arms with 3.6g inner & 2.4g outer. Stock Y/W/Y primary spring, stock helix & green spring in secondary @80 degrees wrap. Premium fuel. Hope that helps.

You mean 47.5 Pilots and 8CH weights ?

MMax 700 setup

You mean 47.5 Pilots and 8CH weights ?

I run exactly what I stated in my previous post. The smaller 47.5 pilots won't work at elevation - (too lean). I have never tried the 8CH arms. I have always run the stock 8CR weights it came with and has always worked great in the mountains. That's where I ride out here in Washington State; Cascade mountain range. I bought it brand new and has always ran better than most MMax 700's the way I have it setup.

Still fighting with this mid range Power loss. Not sure if it could be these 8cr weights or if it's a weak secondary spring. Just not backshifting properly. 1/4 to 1/3 throttle it's fine cruising around 110 120 gets there in no time sitting around 7500 rpm. If you get into it a bit more it will just fall on its face. If you punch it it's fine. Should I take some weight outta the primary it's sitting around 8500. Or try a silver spring or a new green?

Back