Exciter II performance

JGRIZZ

Just picked up a 91 Exciter II and would like to bump up the H.P.(trail Sled) I'm thinking single pipe to start. Which one is the best? I know some will be hard to find.

From what I read so far PSI seemed to be a good one, AAEN still makes them. What about Bender? Any other mods work well? Thanks.

I wouldn't go with the twin pipes I ran I believe it was a Bender single years ago and it did pretty well, dropped a tooth on the jackshaft sprocket as I recall. My buddy put a PSI twin pipe setup on and burned it down twice. There was something about the harmonics, that I believe caused the fuel in the float bowl to froth and get a lean condition. I ran a set of twins on a 94 VMax 600, believe it was set to shift at 8200 rpm, and again harmonics, I believe were an issue, I couldn't keep primary clutches in it. Good luck, you will notice that in the later 90's Yamaha went almost exclusively with triples.

I'm looking for a RPC Stealth pipe for a Phazer-II
Can you help out ?

nope that i cant only one i have i use ....i see you are looking for a bender and Aaen phazer pipe? dont bother as Aaen made the bender pipe which is identical to the Aaen quiet can and if you cant find a RPC pipe the DG pipe will be the same except silencer location

I wouldn't go with the twin pipes I ran I believe it was a Bender single years ago and it did pretty well, dropped a tooth on the jackshaft sprocket as I recall. My buddy put a PSI twin pipe setup on and burned it down twice. There was something about the harmonics, that I believe caused the fuel in the float bowl to froth and get a lean condition. I ran a set of twins on a 94 VMax 600, believe it was set to shift at 8200 rpm, and again harmonics, I believe were an issue, I couldn't keep primary clutches in it. Good luck, you will notice that in the later 90's Yamaha went almost exclusively with triples.

I just have to say a few things about this i have ran the twins for the 570 and they work very well just like many of the singles ....the burn downs can happen to any sled i ran my old 88 570 to over 10k miles with only one rebuild at 6500 miles ran with a psi pipe the decompression valves plugged good clutching and updated carbs with normal float bowls and no powerjet system as far as the 600 vmax with twins i love them ran them for a long time on a stock 95 engine and then built a full tilt race engine with the same hand rolled Aaen twins with bored carbs and RPC igntion dont remember mine eating clutches but them again i ran a P-85 primary stock with the twins ran between 8-8200 the mod engine ran at 8500 still have the mod engine and pipes that will make it's way in to a custom build and i will calm the engine down a bit so i can trail ride it again on premium fuel

Back