Sx viper carb problem fuel screw

Jlc84cam350

Had shaky idling problems with my 04 sx viper and decided to take the carbs off for cleaning. When i did i found 2 problems,

1- center carb had a striped fuel screw so i could not clean that section on that carb, dont think i can do anything about this unless someond has an idea?

2- the clutch side carb when i checked adjustment on the screw i noticed thei were may to many turns before the needle seated, like 4-5, when i took it out it was missing the littlile o-ring on the end. I thought this was my problem so i went at the dealer and baught a new o-ring. Installed it back in with washer and spring and noticed it was sitting alot deeper than the other 2 carbs fully seated, to the point where i can see the needle poping out from inside the boar... the carb on the mag side does not do this anybody know whats going on? I will try to take a picture to show you guys what i mean

20170324_145715.jpg

20170324_145710.jpg

Don't know if you guys can tell the difference but you can see in the second picture the needle slightly creeping inside like an 1/8' while the other is not showing. Both the needles are fully seated

I'm taking a guess here but isn't there supposed to be a washer behind that o ring?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

You have to get the fuel screw out of the center carb. If you don't have the tools any good machine shop can help ya. On each fuel screw there should be a spring, little metal washer, and the rubber o ring. The washer and O ring like to get stuck inside opening. I use a small pick to get them out but sounds like your missing them reguardless. When you have all the correct parts you screw fuel screws in till lightly seated the back off 2 full turns. That fuel screw is sticking out because your missing parts. This is a critical idle adjustment hence why you have to get center fuel screw out. It may just be easier to pick up a nice used rack. All over here for cheap.

All parts are their in correct orientation, screw, spring, washer, o-ring. Who ever worked on this sled before sure did a number to it, I cleaned the powevalves last week only to find they where installed upsidown
Probably going to need a new set of carbs the way its looking now

Back