Help please

tlsboy8531

Does anyone know how to summerise a Yamaha Rx 1 warrior or know a video link I can use. Or can I leave gas in it an just start it now an then an let it run idk what to really do could use some help please

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Best to burn it dry or fog the engine,but in both cases drain your carbs.Not a big fan of starting it all summer trying to burn out all the moisture.Had my warrior for 13 seasons now and it always goes to sleep in the spring(oil change,remove battery,grease,wax,WD-40 all the suspension front and rear.).Welcome to TY but the info you need for a thumper powered snowmobile is best found on the four-stroke side of the forum.Lots of knowledge over there on the RX side;)!.http://ty4stroke.com/forums/rx-general-talk.1/

Last edited:
Ok how do u fog the engine this is my 1st sled.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Remove the lid on the airbox then start the sled.Spray the fogging oil into all the carb inlets while at the same time giving it a little bit of gas.Do this until the sled stalls out(Yamahas brand has instructions on the can).This coats all the engine internals with a nice coating of oil,much better than pouring oil down each cylinder hole.Heres a great thread on storage http://ty4stroke.com/threads/summer-storage.87149/

I always fog the 2 strokers but have never fogged my 4 strokers----Tod....$00.02----

I always fog the 2 strokers but have never fogged my 4 strokers----Tod....$00.02----

I only fogged my 04warrior the last few seasons because i was sick of removing the spark plugs to add oil to each cylinder,much easier,less time,and coats the internals.My 14 phazer i use yamaha storage oil for outboards with EFI(http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/de...=76&itemId=2879&items_per_page=12&page=1).Mix it with fuel and run the sled for a few minutes,also done this to my 2012 raptor 700 ever since new.

Last edited:
Put stabilizer in the tank and run it up to temperature, this get stabilized fuel and the corrosion inhibitors in the fuel system and pump. on a 2 stroke i usually pull the air box off and fog through the carbs until it dies to ensure i get the crank bearings well covered. but in a 4 stroke the air fuel does not go under the crank. so i would pull the plugs and give each cylinder a good shot and then rotate the engine a few cycles with the kill switch off to distribute the oil( i feel that fogging is less important on 4 strokes though so its your choice). replace or check and gap plugs. next, drain the carbs and clean them. change the oil, i favor doing this in the spring opposed to the fall for 3 reasons. 1: to remove any moisture that may have accumulated over the winter. 2: the oil becomes slightly acidic due to combustion gasses and can lose some of its corrosion inhibiting properties. 3: i feel that some of the "grunge" that the oil has picked up over the winter tends to precipitate out and settle in the motor after sitting for a few months.

Back