SRX Upper Gear

I have a honest ? Why are you looking for gearing in general that does not work i your sled? just a question no reason for small than 16 or larger than 35

I have a honest ? Why are you looking for gearing in general that does not work i your sled? just a question no reason for small than 16 or larger than 35

Why won't it work?? Had a few guys out here in the West tell they will work. I'm looking for a 2.30 ratio for snow ovals on short tracks. Please educate me on this

the guys tell you this are they running 9 tooth drivers Verses your 8 tooth drivers? if running 9 tooth 2.30 seem reasonable but on a 8 tooth 2.0- 2.1 should be the lowest you would need to go .....snow ovals i have always tended to run one tooth bigger on top than a ice set up for the loose conditions so like for srx something like 17/33 or 17/35 verses the stock 17 or 18/29 ............i dont know what you guys can do for suspension and track changes on the sleds that would be good to know if you can change that stuff out

I was running a 16-33 with stock drivers and a guy that runs the same sled was pulling me ...so I asked him what the setup was...told him what I was running and he told me that he was about the same except for gearing . So here I am ...not mention we run in 5000+ altitude. Would I be better to run a 16-35 ?

Last edited:
If full mod and spinning more than 9k 16/35 should be just right ....if you are getting beat you need to work on your clutching more or you are just out horse powered

Back