'85 Phazer Flatslide Conversion Question-How to Hookup Oil Cable?

crazy canuck

Hi found some flatslides from a '95 vmax 600 to run on my '85 Phazer (has PSI pipe, carbontech reeds, gutted airbox). Gave the carbs a good cleaning and checked the internals on the carbs... found 47.5 pilots, 140 mains and 1.5 turns on the airscrew so that would be a good starting point from what I have read here. I don't see any hookup for the oil cable like on the stock phazer carbs however...is there a way to hook up the oil pump or do you have to do premix all the time? ;)!

I think you need to use the throttle from the vmax also so you can hook up the oil injection. Someone was talking about that on here not too long ago, you might want to do a search and see if you can find that thread.

bump the mains to 147.5 to start .... for the rest you will need to replace the oil pump cable with one from a EX 570 or vmax 540 then you will need a throttle block from a 94-96 vmax along with the vmax choke and throttle cables

Thanks I will have another look at the mains and look for the EX570 oil pump cable. I have the vmax throttle cable and choke that came with the carbs.:sled1:

Just a quick update as this Phazer has been on hold for a bit over the summer. We plan on making it trail friendly on pump gas (91) for flat land riding @ 0-1500'. It has the carb conversion to '95 Vmax 600 carbs with 47.5 pilots (stock), 1.5 turns on the airscrew and 147.5 mains (stock). It looks like the stock airbox must be gutted when using the flatslides to get it to run right. We also have the bender cold air kit on it as well as vforce reeds (may change to LT carbon tech) to go with the Aaen pipe. Will also have a tempaflow to help with fuel tuning, any comments on whether the main jetting will be rich enough? We are looking for the oil cable from an exciter to match up with the 2 cable throttle block but may end up running premix regardless. Any comments would be helpful....?
Also any clutching recommendations? Does it pay to update to a newer style primary or secondary?

Last edited:

Back