Phazer crankshaft

Bruceski

I picked up an 85' phazer to do a build on. Had 150/140 psi. I pulled it apart and found this. Guess you could say it was "out of phaze".

Anyone have a good crankshaft? Or suggestions where I should head for one? eBay seems to be full of junk overpriced cores.

73508391ee0132eedec0405b24fb2f40.jpg

02259cdb98cdb0ab7019d5880e1ecfb4.jpg

6770988177d398f0a4008228aa08649a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just rebuilt one that broke a rod and i have another here that needs a new rod ....someone hydro locked the sled from being flooded see this many times over the years

The guy had just redone the carbs and fuel pump. So maybe leaky needle and seat flooded and he hydro locked before doing the carbs over.

Guess I should just order a rod kit and put it back together?

unless versed in crank work leave it to a pro not a simple job SPI rod kits are retail $91.95 that include all bearings trust washers and rod pin .... but yes you need a new rod for sure

I am sending it to my buddy in upstate NY. He has been doing my Yamaha 701cc Jetski crankshafts for years and has all the right tools.

I am deleting oil injection and speedo, can I run the crank without that gear for them on the PTO side? Or will it put the crank out of balance?

why delete the oil injection ? .........but if not running the oil injection yes you can leave the gear off but you will have to tach now either

This is just going to be a sled to bang around the yard and lake at my cabin. I want simple as possible, no lines to worry about cracking, fittings falling off, getting clogged etc. not going to be a long mile trail sled.

I meant to write tach in my last post. Not speedo.

I don't know why you wouldn't want the oil injection, you usually don't have problems with the oil injection system.

Got the crank to my buddy and ordered a rod kit. Looks like I'm going to need some main crank bearings as well. He says the PTO side bearings are wiped.

Any suggestions on where to order bearings?

Got the crank to my buddy and ordered a rod kit. Looks like I'm going to need some main crank bearings as well. He says the PTO side bearings are wiped.

Any suggestions on where to order bearings?

yamaha for PTO bearings and they come with a price or you can try like CV Tech

bdfc7f13028b17c0297c91e28b601b78.jpg

3006c81d25d5dfff172d1efa4e704ee2.jpg

Freshy fresh back from my crank guy.

Back