How tight is finger tight? Chain on 01 mm

norwegian

When tensioning my chain, the book says "until finger tight". How tight is finger tight? All I can do with my fingers?

tighten with your fingers until snug and then back 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn. you are only trying to take the slack out of the chain.

I didn't know you have to use locktite on the bolt that holds the lower gear? It worked it's way through the chaincase cover.

yup, hit it with brake cleaner and then a dab of red locktite. it is not reverse threaded so every time you stab the throttle it is trying to loosen itself due to newtons first law

How long do I have to leave it for before using the sled? Do I have to dry out the threaded hole it goes into?

Both bolt and threaded hole need to me cleaned of any oil with brake cleaner and then let to dry before installing the bolt with locktight. Don't use red stuff it's too hardcore, blue ( removable) is plenty. Also locktight does require a few hours to cure before being put into service and in cold weather like freezing or below the locktight may never set. So warming things up will help the curing process.

Last edited:

Back