Best trail skis for 2001 SRX? C&A Pro RZ?

EVOVII_SWE

Hi guys, just bought a pretty clean 2001 SRX. It has Ohlins up front and SXR suspension in the rear and all seem to be in good condition. It has a reverse fitted but otherwise it appear totally stock as far as I can tell. With one exception, the skis, they are some kind of wider C&A Pros that have been modified by cutting them down to be narrower and I would like to replace them with something else.

So the question is, what should I get? The sled will be 100% on the trail and I consider myself a fairly aggressive rider. I had a look at the C&A Pro RZ performance trail skis as I guess they will bolt straight on the mountings that are on the sled now?

Anybody tried the RZ’s on an SRX? Any other better alternatives out there? What about trying to get hold of a pair of stock SRX skis?

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
Thomas

Hi guys, just bought a pretty clean 2001 SRX. It has Ohlins up front and SXR suspension in the rear and all seem to be in good condition. It has a reverse fitted but otherwise it appear totally stock as far as I can tell. With one exception, the skis, they are some kind of wider C&A Pros that have been modified by cutting them down to be narrower and I would like to replace them with something else.

So the question is, what should I get? The sled will be 100% on the trail and I consider myself a fairly aggressive rider. I had a look at the C&A Pro RZ performance trail skis as I guess they will bolt straight on the mountings that are on the sled now?

Anybody tried the RZ’s on an SRX? Any other better alternatives out there? What about trying to get hold of a pair of stock SRX skis?

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
Thomas

For the price, you really cant beat the Razor but they will be very aggressive when the snow is set up. You can add Slim Jim Woodys will help lighten the feel. Another great skis is the Curve, little lest aggressive and use the same mounts and carbides as the C&As.

Thanks, not sure if I can get the Curves in Europe but C&A's are readily availabe. Season is ending rapidly here now but I will probably try to find a pair of skis anyway now.

Had a look at the Simmons and they seem very wide, at least the latest version. I wonder if that is to boost of trail capabilities? As I'm doing more or less 100 % trail riding maybe that is not optimal?

They are a little wider, although with the flat tops I think they appear wider than they actually are. I have been very impressed with them.

I like the SLP SLT,, with the keel blade.. Only 5" of carbide, but never any problem with turning aggressive,, best tracking ski I've come by (No darting) at all....... Oh ya, they only turn when ski's on ground............

It seems like the C&A's are the ones that are most easily to get hold of here so I'm leaning towards them at the moment. Obviously there are several other good skis available out there but not that easy to find here in Sweden.

What is the opinion on carbides in general, should I try the Slim Jims that MrSled suggested initially? Should I go 6" or 8" in that case?

Cheers,
Thomas

I use the new Yamaha dual tuner skiis on my Viper and I love them. No more darting issues on the trail. I am fully picked in the back and have a 4" and a 2" carbide. Works great for me and very reasonably priced right from my Yamaha dealer.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

6b850dd1fdafe7ded4dbcfff7fc7bc8e.jpg

b644122bfd7b971651098a5db2d6ea7f.jpg

I use the new Yamaha dual tuner skiis on my Viper and I love them. No more darting issues on the trail. I am fully picked in the back and have a 4" and a 2" carbide. Works great for me and very reasonably priced right from my Yamaha dealer.

I hope they work better on the SXViper than they do on the SRViper.....worst ski on the planet on the SRViper in my opinion. I have a brand new set on my 04 but I haven't ridden it since putting them on because I bought my new Viper the same year. I hope they work on that chassis or they'll be going in the garbage with the set from the procross

Back