Warning lights help!

SRXChris

So I soldered up the wires that were cut to my temp/warning light on my 2001 SRX. Started it, flashed 3 times like it should to diagnose(fixed that part) but now as it idles the temp light flashes 1 long and 3 short blinks. I believe it's for water temp sensor?

Is it worth changing sensor on it or should I look elsewhere for the problem, read it could be a shorted wire in the harness itself?

Any other areas to try and locate the cause of the light being illuminated?

Tried contacting the former owner to understand why the wires were cut, seemed like an honest guy who told me to contact him with any issues. As soon as I mentioned the cut wires communication ceased(imagine that) and now I'm just trying to get this sled somewhat back to a base condition, hoping for some valuable insight here.

I would ohm the sensor first. Should be 2.45k ohms at 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees F). Hope this helps.

Fogged sled and put away for summer. After fogging starting poking around looking for coolant sensor, found it I believe under water jacket. Noticed a plug end with nothing attached, found a wire tucked away with the other end. Now I have to plug it back in next fall to see what happens next. Just fogged sled and put away so will have to wait unless there is another to test sensor without sled running?

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Is there somewhere I can get the codes for the blinking temp light
So I can tell why my light is on

Light comes on and when you give it gas it goes out then when it goes back to idle the light comes back
on

Last edited:
I believe you can diagnose the fault codes from the service manual? I think thats where I diagnosed mine, they had a fault table I think?

Mine was simple. The previous moron that owned mine unplugged the sensor on mine, couldn't remember doing it that cut wire to dummy light to shut light off/hide problem.

Back