getting new old sled

vmaxcrazy

I posted this on the vintage forum, but it appears there isn't much traffic. I'm hoping someone here can let me know if I'm about to make a bad or good deal. I have found a 1974 GPX 338 in original unrestored condition that looks like it's only a year old. outside of two tiny dings in bumper and a very small crack in hood on the right outside edge I haven't seen anything else. Belly pan is like new as is the tunnel. I'm giving $2500 for it. The sled has sentimental value, as I used to own one in 74. I raced my sleds and sold them after a year to get a new race sled. The reason this model is important to me is because I had my best year of racing with one. Finished 5th at the mi state championships. beat a lot of thunder chickens. So, am I getting a "good" deal or am I letting sentiment get in the way?

I posted this on the vintage forum, but it appears there isn't much traffic. I'm hoping someone here can let me know if I'm about to make a bad or good deal. I have found a 1974 GPX 338 in original unrestored condition that looks like it's only a year old. outside of two tiny dings in bumper and a very small crack in hood on the right outside edge I haven't seen anything else. Belly pan is like new as is the tunnel. I'm giving $2500 for it. The sled has sentimental value, as I used to own one in 74. I raced my sleds and sold them after a year to get a new race sled. The reason this model is important to me is because I had my best year of racing with one. Finished 5th at the mi state championships. beat a lot of thunder chickens. So, am I getting a "good" deal or am I letting sentiment get in the way?

Seems like a lot of cash for something that old.. how many miles are on it? and can you post any pictures?

Seems like a lot of cash for something that old.. how many miles are on it? and can you post any pictures?

Yes, it is a fair amount for an old sled. The pluses are it's local (no long distance to travel to pick up) and, I've seen people asking as much as $3500 for one. Sled does not have a speedo, so no way to know actual millage. Sled is extremely straight, doesn't really show it's age.

Yes, it is a fair amount for an old sled. The pluses are it's local (no long distance to travel to pick up) and, I've seen people asking as much as $3500 for one. Sled does not have a speedo, so no way to know actual millage. Sled is extremely straight, doesn't really show it's age.

Toss up a few pictures.

I really like the idea of buying a sled. I would really like to pick something up for myself. I'm just going to Alaska this winter.

. I had a 1973 SW433 back in those days. It even had a low & high gear to ride in depending on conditions but would not steer worth shit.

Back