Help with GPX 338 carb

vmaxcrazy

Well, getting into sled I'm finding more and more wrong with it. Not a big deal so far, but I do have a couple of Questions for the experts on here.

1) The carburetors have a 15mm spacer between the cylinders and carb. I don't remember my original GPX338 having them. I also can't find them in the parts book.

2) Also, the oil injection lever is way off. It should line up with the line on oil injection pump at full throttle. Where should It be with rod disconnected.

Thanks for any help.

yes they both had the phenolic spacers with the rod disconnected the oil injection will not work correctly .... if you want ride it with no issues i would go to large mouth 34 mm carbs or even 36mm take the injection off and mix fuel with klotz/ yamalube 2-R etc at 32-40:1

yes they both had the phenolic spacers with the rod disconnected the oil injection will not work correctly .... if you want ride it with no issues i would go to large mouth 34 mm carbs or even 36mm take the injection off and mix fuel with klotz/ yamalube 2-R etc at 32-40:1

I'm really trying to keep sled stock. Oil pump rod is connected but pointer is about 1/8 of inch on the right side of line with no throttle. when I disconnected pump rod pointer went all the way to the case, turning counter clock wise. I think pointer was installed wrong. At full throttle pointer almost touches engine case.

Well now I need one part to rebuild carbs. The shop that's doing it said I need part # 878-14946-00-00 Plate,needle fitting (# 3 on dia of carb) to complete rebuild. Does anyone have one of these? I found a good oil tank and have run all new oil and fuel lines. Just need the one part to finish carbs and I should be able to fire it up.

Back