Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sc10 lll swap into Exciter

Thanks,Its just a 1 inch and it doesn’t rub,you could trim the lugs that rub im assuming over the track clips down a little,

I had planned, if it rubbed, to trim it. Other thought was to drill out all the cooler rivets and move them back 1". I bought a new Composit Talon and it is taller than a ripsaw 1.25 by 1/8"... plus the lugs are not as forgiving as the finger cuts on the ripsaw, so rubbing may cause damage. I appreciate the response! I figured you may have already dealt with the same issue. I actually went from an 88 exciter, to a pair of Vectors, to an FX Nytro, to a 1200 Skidoo GTSE, back to an Exciter. My kidneys were not as excited as my brain was...so just trying to gain some of the rough trail ability back. Snow is becoming more scarce every year, so it just doesn't make sense having a sled payment anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweet65 View Post
    Sweet exciter! I am swapping an SC10 into my 93 SX and a 1.25 track. I got the track in, but it looks like the lugs are going to hit the front of the tunnel coolers. I was wondering how tall your track is, and if you have noticed any rubbing. I put a studded 1.25 ripsaw into my Phazer II and the studs sometimes scrape when you chop the throttle at speed. Figured a nonstudded would be ok in the exciter, but now not so sure. Thanks
    In that old Viper chasis, with anything bigger then a 1" you will need to remove the tunnel protectors or go to smaller driver.
    Castle X Gear and more...

It's not a Viper...93 Exciter SX

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweet65 View Post
    It's not a Viper...93 Exciter SX
    Sorry my bad, most of the older sleds will need smaller protectors unless you want to notch the track as mentioned.
    Castle X Gear and more...

Thank you

Junior Member Mini

Cool Color combo !!

���� Thanks! Yea my back couldnt take it anymore. This skid fixed that for sure

Weather has sucked here so far this year,45f so i did a little ice fishing,hopefully it gets better

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123