The max summer build

Where are you at in the north okanagan? I tried to pm you but haven't ever posted so it wouldn't let me. I have a mm700 mod i bought a month or 2 ago that seems to be set up quite well but would like to see yours to compare if you're close to Vernon area.

Hey BC max I sent ya pm. So I have had the new mountain max a couple times on our local trails here. Not up in the big mountains yet. I have been hearing this ticking noise that doesn't go up or down with rpm, but with the speed of my machine. Low and behold my speedo is not working. I have also checked the chain case and the chain is tight. It does have reverse but everything seems to be good on that side of things. I will go down over the drive shaft and Jack shaft bearings here in a bit. I have a parts sled with low km. Other then those little things it is running really well. Very happy with it. Huge difference in the un coupled suspension as well. I really like this ol girl. Just wish I had a boss seat or something like that. Tried raising the stock seat but was weird to stand up with. I know all these topics have been covered a bazillion times and we have all moved on to real mountain sleds and one day I will be able to afford one bit until then........ I'll be screwing around with these old things. Oh and as far as gearing goes. It looks like I am 39/19 does that sounds right. Tried counting the bottom sprocket teeth and got 39 every time. Full out she is Regina about 8600rpm which I believe is right. Anyway just a bit of an update for ya guys.

thread revival!!!

So I still have this mountain max. Almost sold it twice! One guy actually made me and offer but I just can’t let this damn thing go! I even had one guy throw a good offer at me.

Sooo I am seriously considering long tracking this machine. It runs so strong and hasn’t let me down in the 4 years I have owned it. Sooo it’s a 141” 16” wide now. I would like to keep it 16”. Just wondering about track extensions and I know there is tons of threads about this subject. But was wondering if anyone had some stuff laying around they would like to part with. Thanks in advance. I will post progress if I go ahead with this!

Here are some pics from the other night. Straightening out everything I bent last year!!

dad49ad0c891890d0233b9815baf404a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got that right! This what I came upon last night.....4 boxes of parts a CMX belt drive system... elkholm tunnel..... 155 Polaris skid and track....[emoji2361] does anyone know much about the belt drive system or has there been anyone that has put one on a mountain max??

c0d06fdf6bcaa5eb2437465226eff9e4.jpg

Wow, is that all the same chassis? Why did you sand the hood down? BTW, nice mtb in the background!

I picked up that ekholm tunell, 2016 polaris pro 155” skid and 155” 2.5” 2.86” pitch track from a guy locally here. I had put an add in our local classifieds looking for mountain max parts and had about 5 replies in a day and he was one of them. That good and about 4 boxes of parts came with it. It looked like someone has painted it white then tried sanding it off. [emoji848] from that add I put out I also came across a 98 mountain max for $500 and actually got that running. So have all those parts for sale right now because I only needed a few things for my own mountain max (2002 with reverse and only 3000km on it) but I might make another complete sled out of that tunnel and spare running sled I have.

Back