Stator ?

vmaxcrazy

Are the stators on the 74 & 75 338 & 433 GPX's interchangeable? It looks like they use different pulsers. Also do they use 1 or 2 pulsers?

both use 2 pulsers new stators have pulsers that the wires screw on to original style is soldier on ...if needing original for wiring harness purpose then 74 or 75 will work ....if you dont care them any stator with the twin pulsers will work from 74-78 from EX 340/440 76-78....76 srx 340/440 with the 76 and later stator you will have to put a voltage regulator inline with the system and add a few jumper wires to plug into your lighting wires on your harness also the orange and grey wires for the coils coming from the cdi will have to be switch due to the 180* difference in the stator position compared to the EX

both use 2 pulsers new stators have pulsers that the wires screw on to original style is soldier on ...if needing original for wiring harness purpose then 74 or 75 will work ....if you dont care them any stator with the twin pulsers will work from 74-78 from EX 340/440 76-78....76 srx 340/440 with the 76 and later stator you will have to put a voltage regulator inline with the system and add a few jumper wires to plug into your lighting wires on your harness also the orange and grey wires for the coils coming from the cdi will have to be switch due to the 180* difference in the stator position compared to the EX

Thanks for the well written explanation. Even I under stand what you are saying. I'm really out of my element when it comes to electrical of any kind. With your explanation I can pick up a stator and fell good about getting the right one. This site rocks as it has the most helpful group as members. Thanks again Yamaha Nutz

Back