Seems like something's off with my '99 SRX700

destey

Low to medium speed it doesn't feel like it should. Its been a while since I've ridden, so hopefully my memory is right on this but RPMs see high on full throttle. Maybe 8600. It also feels like when I hit 40-50mph, it starts pulling harder. Engine seems like its strong, as on top end it pulls pretty good. Has about 11,000 miles (not sure speedo stopped working) Here's the work its had done over the last 5 years

New jackshaft/2ndary shaft bearings 5 yrs ago
New suspension bearings 2 years ago (and just did them this morning)
Swapped CDI
Clean carbs every year (stored inside and dry, then installed in december)
New plugs, plug caps, coil
New stator
Wire rub through repaired
PV cleaned and adjusted (confirmed when I went to clean them this year, they were fairly clean and adjusted properly)
Secondary clutch- put new buttons on the helix and greased

I haven't touched the primary ever, so maybe that's the culprit, or something else? Could the weights be worn on the primary? What do you guys think?

and the clutch belt has about 1000 miles on it

edited corrected my bad memory

Last edited:

check primary and secondary next. update both springs and check bushing, rollers, etc. than if you did not. get back into those carbs. i mean go deeper into under needle and seats to the fuel screen and o-ring. this sled is a mess. 3:16X (yammie tony)

What was the temperature out.

30s.

I found a helmet cam of that day. My memory was off, the revs seem high, I paused it on 8600.

yNa5ylq.jpg

Back