97 vmax 600 vforce 3 reed petal help

pete72

I've looked all other and for the life of me can't find replacement reed petals for my 97 vmax 600 twin. someone put in vforce 3 and I bought with a bad cylinder. same cylinder(right side) has fractured petals. anyone have a source for replacements? numbers on the reed block are V303 and a little lower is AG682FM any help would be awesome.

I've looked all other and for the life of me can't find replacement reed petals for my 97 vmax 600 twin. someone put in vforce 3 and I bought with a bad cylinder. same cylinder(right side) has fractured petals. anyone have a source for replacements? numbers on the reed block are V303 and a little lower is AG682FM any help would be awesome.

Have you tried to contact V-Force direct? Might be better to pull them and go back to stock.

Have you tried to contact V-Force direct? Might be better to pull them and go back to stock.
I thought the vforce were suppose to be better? they didn't cause the cylinder failure. locating pin came out of the piston. there was a recall for them but guess this one never made it to the dealer.

I thought the vforce were suppose to be better? they didn't cause the cylinder failure. locating pin came out of the piston. there was a recall for them but guess this one never made it to the dealer.

Such little gain its hardly worth the price on those reeds.

X2 go back to stock. Unless you have other mods the stock ones are fine. You will be farther ahead just by doing the free mods, I.E. reed stopper notch, drilling can, ect.... look under "ty tech" at the top header for the how to on those. And just search reed stopper notch and you'll get all the why's answered with some good reading.

Back