drive axle bearing issue

KAGMAN

Hey all, new to the forum, looks like a lot of good information in here.
I have a 01 yam venture 500 l/c.
Trying to replace the track.
Most everything has come apart ok, but I am having an issue with removing the bearing on the speedo side.
I have looked at the parts drawings and do not see anything other then 2 set screws that need to be removed
in order to pull the bearing. I have a 3 jaw puller on it and have be soaking it in blaster. Thing will not move.

Am I missing something here or is it just that rusted on??????

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.....

Thanks

Hey all, new to the forum, looks like a lot of good information in here.
I have a 01 yam venture 500 l/c.
Trying to replace the track.
Most everything has come apart ok, but I am having an issue with removing the bearing on the speedo side.
I have looked at the parts drawings and do not see anything other then 2 set screws that need to be removed
in order to pull the bearing. I have a 3 jaw puller on it and have be soaking it in blaster. Thing will not move.

Am I missing something here or is it just that rusted on??????

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.....

Thanks

You are on the right track. Pull the set screws out completely and then you just have to pull on it. You can try adding some heat to the inner race to allow it to expand. It can be a bugger.

you are doing it right. i have had to cut a few out that where stuck to the shaft that a puller would not move.

2 days of soaking with blaster and she finally popped, thanks for your help guys.
Now just gotta get the cir clip off the drive side and the axle should slide right out.
I gotta get this sled back together and out of my garage before deer season starts................

2 days of soaking with blaster and she finally popped, thanks for your help guys.
Now just gotta get the cir clip off the drive side and the axle should slide right out.
I gotta get this sled back together and out of my garage before deer season starts................

You will have to drop the chaincase to pull that lower axle.

Drop the chain case?
I already disassembled it,pulled the gears/chain ect. other than pulling the cir clip and lower bearing.
After I take that bearing and seal out the axle should shift/tilt and slide out??????

Drop the chain case?
I already disassembled it,pulled the gears/chain ect. other than pulling the cir clip and lower bearing.
After I take that bearing and seal out the axle should shift/tilt and slide out??????

It so much easier to just pull the inner case half off the tunnel and then the drive axle comes out so much easier.

Ok, thanks, I will take a look at doing that.
Thinking there will be more stuff to remove to get the case off.
I appreciate your quick responses and your help.
Great forum.

does it have 2 or 4 drivers? if sled only has 2, you can do it without chain case removal. the sx500r i had only had 2 drivers before my brother broke the shaft on the ty ride. put one in with 4 when he fixed it.

I did pull the whole chain case, brake/calipers ect. replaces both side bearings.
What a pain in the ***, nothing I ever want to do again, but probably easier the second time around if I had too.
Got it all back together, the new track goes round and round,,,,even in reverse......
Gonna shim the skis to help with the darting and wait for snow.....gonna be a good year in upstate NY.

Thanks for your help guys..............

I did pull the whole chain case, brake/calipers ect. replaces both side bearings.
What a pain in the ***, nothing I ever want to do again, but probably easier the second time around if I had too.
Got it all back together, the new track goes round and round,,,,even in reverse......
Gonna shim the skis to help with the darting and wait for snow.....gonna be a good year in upstate NY.

Thanks for your help guys..............

Your welcome!! It will get way faster.. they are a pain but easier now that you have done it.

always some sort of project going on,,,, (honey the brakes are sticking on the jeep again!!!!!!!)
that jar is generally overflowing at my house anyways.....lol...

now I just gotta play with the suspension to make more comfy 2 up ride for the wife............saw a good post about suspension set up in here, just gotta try to understand it.
I would like a softer ride without bottoming out sorta thing.
this is a new, old sled for us, sorry for the questions..........

Back