2000 SXR 700 won't idle, etc.

vmaxcrazy

Sold my 2000 700 SXR to a friend 4 years ago. He rode it I season and put about 500 mi on it. It was then put in an enclosed trailer for the next 3 years without starting it. He found out I was looking for a trail sled and sold it back to me. It had about 1 1/2 gal of gas in it. Sled seemed to run fine when in the trailer and when I drove I up to my trailer. Now sled will only idle with choke 1/2 on. It will not accelerate also unless choke is on 1/2 way. I'm thinking carbs need to be cleaned. Is there any way to clean them without puling off carbs. Like an additive in the fuel. I have drained tank and filled with fresh and added seafoam to it. Thanks

Thanks everyone. I knew the best thing to do was to take carbs off and clean, just needed someone to give me a little nudge. Again thanks to all. The carb cleaning link is great.

Well, carbs are cleaned. Sled runs and idles like a champ. Thanks all, these carbs are super simple to clean, the only hard part was getting air box boots back on air box.

Back