Yamaha moves Snowmobile HQ to Canada

EotS1

News that came out a few weeks ago. Yamaha is moving their snowmobile headquarters to Toronto.
http://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2016/08/15/yamaha-moving-world-snowmobile-hq-to-toronto/

I think this will get Yamaha back into the 2 stroke business. The simple fact is that the other manufacturers have made 2 strokes more fuel efficient and more "environmentally sound." Yamaha can beat all of them in this game.

I haven't even ridden a 4 stroke Yamaha, and I kind of want to. But I hang out with a bunch of Poo guys, and they constantly harp on the weight. Just through talking, they've all soured me on a 4 stroker. The shop in Gaylord puts the weight of every sled on the price tag. The Yammies are heavy.

I want Yamaha to continue 4 stroke development, but I want them to come back and kick Poo's *** in 2 stroke efficiency and reliability. Let's hope this happens.

Old article, this happened last year. Was a big discussion on the 4 stroke side. I'm sorry to say we will not see a 2 stoke from Yamaha anytime soon if ever. Yamahas 4 stroke is a dream to ride! I also ride in the norther lower and weight don't mean anything! Look up "Yamahaguys" on YouTube and see for yourself how a "heavy" yamaha rides in gaylord! They do better then the 2 stokes. Don't be afraid of the 4 stroke! I'll never go back to 2!

Back