2000 Srx first grass run test results"Help"

Dturn

Hi All,

I finally got her going on grass. I will list what I have and please help me solve my bog coming out of the hole.

Stock air box
V force reeds
Hauck original triple Stingers (I have stock can)
Heel Clicker Clutch Kit
Power valves were just cleaned and adjusted
Running 95 Octane Fuel "Fresh Fuel"
Carburetors clean
Mains - 127.5 across the board
Pilots - 45
Temperature 60 Deg
Clutches clean and fresh belt

The bog was worse at first and got a little better but never went away after 5 passes. I am Cooling it down and warming it up on a jack stand after each run. What is the common method to warming these up? The washout wasn't terrible a little rich if anything on all 3 cylinders and paper bag brown.

Thanks

Derek

2000 SRX700

Last edited:

Sounds like one of the carbs has a partially plugged pilot jet or circuit. Not sure what you are using for fuel ,but that ethanol fuel is nasty and takes compressed air to clean carbs properly. Possibly bad batch of fuel. Mains do seem little small.

Thanks for the info guys. I will pull and clean my carbs again. Do you think the hauck stingers would make it have a bog if that carb setup was for a stock motor? The fuel I was using was 110 mixed with 91 octane non ethanol.

Are you sure it was carburation? What secondary spring are you running and at what degree? Typically guys suggest a silver wrapped at 80* I think. I'm running a pink at 60 for hard pack ice/snow with 240 chisels. doesn't suck the belt down now!

*didn't get the video yesterday when I was on, definitely a lean bog, sounds good when she goes though!*

Last edited:
Adjusted air/fuel screw! Factory in the book it calls for 1 1/8 turns from seat. I changed to 2 turns from seat on each carb, and bog was gone running it off the stand which it was bogging even on the stand before. We will see how it does on the grass now.

Thanks to all for your input!

Derek

way way lean on hit of throttle , can,t pull fuel away from these motors. if you do, you have to compensate by increasing your pilots alot and opening your air fuel screws. i would not go any smaller on main jets than 132.5. 3:16x (yammie tony)

way way lean on hit of throttle , can,t pull fuel away from these motors. if you do, you have to compensate by increasing your pilots alot and opening your air fuel screws. i would not go any smaller on main jets than 132.5. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Thank Tony.

Even with air fuel screw at 2? will I burn her up like this.

no, sled is fuel staved with that small of a jet on mains. even with a 45 pilots still to small. keep the 45 pilots and actually up your jetting to 135 across the board. goe to 1 and 1/8 on air/ fuel screw. you won,t burn it up this time of the year in 500 f.t. but sled will do exactly what your seeing. know performance. taking fuel away dose not add hp to a srx triple. 3:16x (yammie tony)

You have to turn your fuel screws out some I leave mine at 2 1/4 turns with heel clickers they load the engine down on engagement
I also ran 50 pilots and 135 mains for grass

Last edited:
You have to turn your fuel screws out some I leave mine at 2 1/4 turns with heel clickers they load the engine down on engagement
I also ran 50 pilots and 135 mains for grass

Thanks for the info! Still haven't got on the track yet this year! Planning on doing the event in Buxton Maine on Oct 21st! I attended the amateur night in Epping NH last night to help a friend, what a fun event that was! 4 Lanes racing at night under the lights is pretty cool!

Derek

Back