97 vmax 600 oil injection adjustment

pete72

so been trying to get this pump arm adjusted and something isn't correct or at least don't think it is. adjusted throttle cable so there is 1 to 2 mm free play at the throttle. move on to the oil pump arm and there are 2 lines. I'm assuming the first mark should line up with the body mark at idle and the second mark on the arm should line up at full throttle????? if I make the first mark on the arm line up then the 2nd mark goes past the mark. any ideas???

thanx for the link mrsled but doesn't really make sense to me. the marks on the pump arm and pump body mean something. can't understand why Yamaha would use a measurement on the cable. a pic of this cable measurement would help or instructions from the service manual.

rode it for a season then sold it. wish I hadn't cuz I put a lot of work into it and it was pretty quick. worst thing about it was the lack of suspension. trails are pretty rough around here. next season I did some horse trading and got a 87 indy 400 and went way overboard. its a way nice ride now. almost like new. this season picked up this 97 600. kid wanted 350 ended up buying for $100 other then the engine needing a full rebuild which is done it needed a new seat cover. have that cured too. my brother needed some frame welding on a 4runner and in trade gave me a like new 2001 vmax seat!!!!! I figure i'll be about $650 total to have a like new sled. body and track are really nice. my next move is to go thru the suspension. believe it or not my mom who is (79) years young will be running it. sounds crazy but true story!!!!

Back