Is my sxr 700 a 99 or 00?

Sawyer36

Hi guys I'm new here and I just bought a sxr 700. The guy I bought it from said it's a 99 and the manufacturer date of the chassis is 7/99 but I am only seeing listings for the sxr model being 00-01. I just want be sure what year sled I have so I'm not ordering wrong parts. Thanks for any info you may have.

My thoughts exactly. The 7/99 is throwing me off. Makes me wonder if it's the sx model and maybe the cowling got replaced at some point. Is there a way to tell exactly what it is from the vin# ?

Looking at pictures of 99s and 00s it looks like the 00s so I'm going to have to say that must be what it is. At what point the prior year do they start calling them the next years model. I'm pretty sure on vehicles it's September but I may be wrong.

The 2000 models came in Blue or Red. If you have the Blue one it came without electric start or reverse from the factory. The red one came with electric start & reverse.

We bought 2 2000 SXR'S that year. As far as I remember they were both Sxr's 1 in blue & 1 in red with electric start & reverse. I will try to locate my original literature.

Back