Newbie Dad needs help...

dragon262

Hi everyone,
Newbie Dad to snowmobiling. Bought 15 yr old son a 2001 vmax deluxe 500 late last season. It has low mileage and is in great condition. Problem is that the rear slides out a lot on trails. It doesn't track well. I want to install studs on his sled for more safety in tracking and braking . I want to put 96 studs on the track. But there seems to be no place for tunnel protectors. I looked on youtube videos and it seems pretty straight forward. But I have no ideas regarding the tunnel. Any help most appreciated thank you.

also look at the track. warn out lugs? How tall are the lugs. Most were under an inch. You might be better getting a track with taller lugs. My wifes 500 was a awesome little sled but had the same issue with the back end getting loose under power. I did stud the track with 96 studs. It helped on take off and stopping on ice but as far as the back end sliding around not so much. How much carbide is under the ski? and is the skid setup for transfer? all things that can help you keep the back end where it belongs. Setup is key.

Back