Power valve servo cycled while sitting

SRXChris

UPDATE Power valve servo cycled/leaking valves

I'm a little stumped again. I had removed servo cover previously this year to mark it's location. Servo was in open position or cables pulled tight when I checked this.

Was removing airbox today to access the carbs when I heard a whirring or electric motor sound, removed cover off YPVS and sure enough the servo has cycled?

How is this possible with no battery?

I'm assuming there is an electrical issue that would cause this?

I've invested a few dollars and time into this sled this summer but this may be the breaking point for me as I'm tired of finding something new to fix every time I look at it.

Thanks again for any answers and insight.

Last edited:

Just a thought, do the smoothing condensers just above the right foothold keep a charge in them.?

Are you sure you didn't move one of the cables putting tension on it and moving the servo motor?It doesn't take much of a nudge to get that servo motor to move, hence marking it. Nothing on this sled should store a charge that I'm aware of. The smoothing condensers absorb voltage spikes but do not store a charge.

No I didn't move any cables or actually touch them while removing airbox. That is why I thought it was very strange to hear the servo whirr into action. I'm checking cables for and powervlaves themselves now for cable pull through and cleanliness. Cable 1 seems good but valve is very built up with hard carbon. Time to clean them all, so much for "they were just cleaned".

I'm just guessing but I think when I fogged sled the idle rpms was below 900 while it inhaled the fogging fluid, I hit kill switch where they stayed open this whole time and maybe were stuck in that position and me jostling around sled they finally let go. Pure speculation as I can't figure out what caused the servo to move.

Thanks for replies.

Cleaned and adjusted them, everything seems fine. Till I started it today to make sure track went straight after tension.

Valves 2 and 3 are seeping oil either from gasket or weep hole. Going to replace all o rings and gaskets while I have it apart.

One of the three blades looks like it has had some damage and some CHEAP/LAZY fix applied to it, so I will have to purchase a new valve as I can't trust this repair.

Will changing o rings and gaskets stop the oil leaking? Here's some pics of the blade and the repair made to it

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • P3.JPG
    P3.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
  • P4.JPG
    P4.JPG